millerstownpa.com
Photo by : John Allison  @       Riverside Framing
Millerstown Recreational Committee Wednesday, October 4, 2017 Community Park Building A. Call to order: Curt Black called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m. B. Present: MRC: Curt Black (Lions), Kelley Griswold (MAL), Katy Black (Pool), Wil Benner (MAL), Dave Bratton (MAL), Sharon Powley (Pool), Mary Kissinger (Pool), Josh Gabert (Pool), Tessa Hinterliter (Pool), Robert Brofee (Lions), Den Comp (MAL), Mark Stroup (MAL), Joe and Teresa Hunker (JCs). C. Secretary’s Report:  Minutes September 6, 2017 were approved.  D. Treasurer’s Report: The financial report as of September 30, 2017 was approved. (Note: Jack sent a corrected email version after the 1st version was sent.) E. Pool: Fundraising is still on going. Winterization will be done this month. Pool Pals excess receipts for this past season were $43,236.64. G. Committee Reports: 1. Sports: Baseball & Softball: No report. Football: No report. Soccer: No report. Field Hockey: No report. 2. Community Building and Grounds: Reservations are quite busy. Bob winterized the theater trailer. 3. Outdoor Show 9/9. Approximately $9,000 income was made. There still is some more money to come in. Wil extended thanks to everyone who helped. H. Old Business: 1. Permanent Restrooms: No report. 2.  Security Cameras: 10 cameras up and running and connected to Internet for private viewing. Approved funding for two more cameras (Will/Den). 3. Athletic Field lights: No report. 4. Campbell Sign: No report. 5. Park signs: A few more need to be posted. There are so many (too many?) signs already. Kelley is taking care of the No Skateboarding in the amphitheater area signs. 6. Propane Tanks: Nothing new. 7. Randy Spriggle Memorial: No report. Sue Spriggle has some big plans to be revealed soon. 8. Drainage issue in parking area near Black Pavilion: Mark and Tim Sagle will look into the cost of placing a grated drain in this area. 9. Traffic Barriers in Parking Areas: The Fire Co. will place the concrete barriers across the shale parking area after the Outdoor Show. Still waiting. 10. Insurance review: Tabled. To be reviewed before the annual bill is received next year. 11. Freezers in kitchen: May get rid of the one that is an electricity drainer. 12. Park and Ride: No representative came to discuss yet. I. New Business:      1. VFW bronze Plaque: Since the Millerstown VFW has closed due to the lack of           membership; a plaque will be placed at the park to commemorate the VFW that once           was in town.       2. Trees: PPL is sponsoring tree planting in the park through the Chesapeake Bay            Restoration Project.       3. Port-a-Toilets: Since we are spending over $1,900 a year on Port-a Toilets, inquiries           will be checked into with other vendors. 4. Fire Wood: Bobbie Wertz is donating two dump truck loads of firewood. Bob Yohn will  split it.  5. Pavers: Jean Morgan is donating 500+ pavers to the park. 6. Dumpster: Will be moves after the pool is winterized. 7. G.S. planted area along the road: The Brofees and Sarvers have weeded this area.  J. Next Meeting: Wednesday, November 1, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. K. Adjournment: 8:05 p.m. Respectfully submitted, Kelley Griswold Upcoming events: October 14 – Mini-Thon Color Run in the morning October 21 – Chili cook-off contest. Sponsored by New Harvest Church to benefit Millerstown Fire Dept.
WELCOME !   
HOME HOME BORO GOV'T. BORO GOV'T. EVENTS EVENTS PARK PARK POOL POOL CONTACT CONTACT
millerstownpa.com
Photo by : John Allison  @       Riverside Framing
Millerstown Recreational Committee Wednesday, September 6, 2017 Community Park Building A. Call to order: Curt Black called the meeting to order at 7:05 p.m. B. Present: MRC: Curt Black (Lions), Kelley Griswold (MAL), Jack Cameron (Pool), Katy Black (Pool), Wil Benner (MAL), Sharon Powley (Pool), Mary Kissinger (Pool), George Moore (Pool), Robert Brofee (Lions), Dave Bratton (MAL), Amber Fegley (Fire Co.), Denny Comp (MAL), Mark Stroup (MAL), Kirk Allison (MAL), Joe and Teresa Hunker (JCs). C. Guests: Chaz Sheaffer (D. Jacobs Insurance), and Greenwood Mini-Thon/ Color Run; Mrs. Sarah Pedrick, Kelby Ross, Grace Howell, and Garrett Howell. D. Secretarys Report:  Minutes June 7, 2017 were approved, after correcting George Moore’s name in the Pool report. E. Treasurers Report: The financial report as of August 31, 2017 was approved. F. Pool: Closed Labor Day. Over all, the season went well and the pool committee is encouraged with the end- of-season results. Currently, the initial builder of the new filter pit, The Welder’s Shop (Chris Hoover), did not deliver on his promises of cost ($8,000 at the start to $46,000 at the end) and completion dates (May 20 to July 2). While paid for most of his work, he has continued to submit bills for hours and systems that did not work at all. C.H. Burns has completed the work. The Pool Committee does not intend to pay Mr. Hoover for these excessive bills. They have documentation to verify their stance. G. Committee Reports: 1. Sports: Baseball & Softball: No report. Football: No report. Soccer: No report. Field Hockey: No report. 2. Community Building and Grounds: Some minor repairs need to be made in the building. 3. Outdoor Show 9/9, 8:00-2:00. Great weather is predicted, finally! Venders can set-up at 6:00 a.m. Help will be needed Saturday also Thursday 9/7 for set-up Contact Willard. H. Old Business: 1. Permanent Restrooms: No report. 2.  Security Cameras: Mark is working on setting up the new cameras for the playground area. 3. Athletic Field lights: No report. 4. Campbell Sign: no report. 5. Park signs: Most have been posted. 6. Propane Tanks: Nothing new. 7. Randy Spriggle Memorial: No report. 8. Drainage issue in parking area near Black Pavilion: Mark and Tim Sagle will look into the cost of placing a grated drain in this area. 9. No Smoking signs: Will be added around the playground area. They have not been purchased yet. 10. AC in Community Room: Has been cleaned and repaired. The barrier around the outside unit needs to be fixed as a result of the repairs. 11. Skateboarding in Amphitheater Area: Kids have been shredding on the edges of the stage and steps. A sign to ban skateboarding in this area is being checked into. 12. Traffic Barriers in Parking Areas: The Fire Co. will place the concrete barriers across the shale parking area after the Outdoor Show. I. New Business:      1. Mini-Thon Color Run, 10/14: 2nd year at the park. Successful (raised $4000) going          towards a total of $19,000 that this Greenwood HS club raised for 4 Diamonds, a childhood          cancer charity at Hershey Medical Center.       2. Insurance review – Chaz Sheaffer: Mr. Sheaffer, with Don Jacobs Insurance, asked if          MRC had certain types of insurance coverage, including covering Board volunteers. He          will meet with Jack Cameron after this meeting to discuss things we might consider. Since          the annual premiums were recently paid, our policies should be reviewed prior to next          years payment.     3. Port-a-John vandalism: A 4inch square was cut in the back of one of the port-a-johns   on park property. Advanced Septic repaired the damage. Watch out for vandals! 4. Commercial Freezer and Refrigerators: Having problems with dust and moisture collecting on the cooling coils on the bottom. Health department requires commercial machines, even though home models are more efficient.  J. Next Meeting: Wednesday, October 4, 2017 at 7:00 p.m. Penn DOT will be there to discuss a possible Park and Ride location at the park. K. Adjournment: 8:20 p.m. Respectfully submitted, Kelley Griswold Up coming events: September 9  Outdoors show - 8-2:00 big fund raiser for park October 14   Mini-Thon Color Run in the morning October 21   Chili cook-off contest. Sponsored by New Harvest Church to benefit Millerstown Fire Dept.